Wednesday, April 13, 2011

To Thine Own Self Be True

this is me floating on happiness for you babygirl.


Today I kissed the universe; no actually I think I made out with it a little.


I have a healthy baby girl, we have, we created, we made, wee wee wee all the way home.  Yes, I get to say we, it’s still amazes me that I am married. Sometimes I look at Mike and say to him “We are Married! “It’s still crazy to me that we made this happen and that we are completely and utterly still in love. Cheesy, yes a little, but so real. Now, the new thing that I look at him in disbelief and say ..."We are having a baby!” yes this baby has been pined for and planned for several years. But, sometimes it’s still like I am having an out of body experience when i look down at my belly and think, OMG, I am really pregnant and married. Wait...reverse that order  :) LOL ....we are married then pregnant.


We have a daughter on the way. Let me say that again because its sounds so weird to not only write but saying out loud, Mike and I have a daughter on the way. This little miracle, this little hope in my belly is absolutely perfect. Yes, it’s true, we got the second CVS test back and we are “normal”. It’s the first time ever I was happy with being called normal. I will take normal any day. I cried for normal, prayed actually. When I got the dreaded but anticipated phone call on Thursday, I was nervous. I wanted to know and hear what ever women wants to hear, that my baby doesn’t have Trisomy 18 , and that I did beat the odds they gave me 3 weeks ago which was my baby had a 1 in 14 chance of having Trisomy 18.  After, waiting 23 minutes on hold, the longest hold we ever had, the doctor gave us the good news. Along with that good news, we also got to find out that our little wonder was in fact a SHE!!


I saw my baby in the ultra sounds, I saw her moving, sticking her cute little tongue out, sucking her thumb, kicking and moving around. I wanted to say with confidence that I knew. In my heart of hearts, I knew that my baby was okay. But, the test said otherwise, and I didn’t want to have the arrogance of faith. But, I know my baby is perfect and FINE! But, numbers don’t lie, right? Doctor knows best? Right?

That is daddy on the left me on the right. We love you so much babygirl!


It was a tough 10 days but we made it, and we are fine. Our fingers were crossed and baby is completely fine. ~~~whew.
Now I can breathe. Now I can relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy and this baby girl inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment